The wave of unrest,
ruffling through my nerves,
I sense excitement
for reasons unknown,
Should I let it wash me away,
or hold on tight and,
stay where I have been?
The new territory is unventured
though I have had my share of peek
There is no right,
as there is no wrong
All that is at stake is me,
getting destroyed in the process
and all that has ever been.
or,
it will be my first step in paradise,
a whole new bright world,
the scene with my eyes shut tight
sprung to life.
I can tell the end when it is coming
or more correctly, my heart
throbbing and beating, hard at that
sending shivers through me.
maybe I should freeze ,
and let this time fly by
not be overwhelmed by spinning
when my world is in a blur.
It's a set pattern,
life becomes beautiful,
the center of my universe is defined,
and the star shines.
But, as the hourglass drops each sand grain,
the nebula dwarfs,the abyss reappears,
and, the shivers concur.
ruffling through my nerves,
I sense excitement
for reasons unknown,
Should I let it wash me away,
or hold on tight and,
stay where I have been?
The new territory is unventured
though I have had my share of peek
There is no right,
as there is no wrong
All that is at stake is me,
getting destroyed in the process
and all that has ever been.
or,
it will be my first step in paradise,
a whole new bright world,
the scene with my eyes shut tight
sprung to life.
I can tell the end when it is coming
or more correctly, my heart
throbbing and beating, hard at that
sending shivers through me.
maybe I should freeze ,
and let this time fly by
not be overwhelmed by spinning
when my world is in a blur.
It's a set pattern,
life becomes beautiful,
the center of my universe is defined,
and the star shines.
But, as the hourglass drops each sand grain,
the nebula dwarfs,the abyss reappears,
and, the shivers concur.
Nice poem. I once read a story about a little bird afraid to fly for the first time. The unknown will always be full of fear, and to take the first flight does not require an end of fear. That way the little birds will always keep waiting... All it requires is courage to let go in spite of the fear of falling.
ReplyDelete